Type 1: , Find the roots for the equation?
Short Cut Method:
- Step1: Find the factors for constant (In the given equation it is 6)
- 2,3,6,1 are the factors for 6
- Step 2: Select the factors such that when we add we should get middle number (5 in the given equation) and when we multiply we should get constant (6).
- 2 and 3 are such factors which will give sum as 5 and multiplication as 6.
- If we take 1 and 6, multiplication is 6 but the sum is 7 which is not equal to 5.
- So the appropriate factors for the given equation are 3 and 2.
- Step 3: Change the sign for the factors
- Since it is ”+5x” in the given equation we need to change the sign for the factors i.e. -3,-2
- If it is “-5x” in the equation we need to change the sign for the factor as 3, 2.
Note: 2 and 3 are co-primes. So we should select co-prime factors.
Observe the below diagram